Portable hard drives are always necessary when moving large files, but also when you just need to intensify your files. However, it seems that some users are complaining that Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the removable disk, so let’s see in the instance that there’s a way to fix this.
What to do if Windows ten does not recognize the difficult drive
Portable hard drives are great for file backups, but sometimes the hard drive of your products is not necessarily standard. Speaking of problems, here are some common hard drive problems reported by users:
- E External hard drive that barely appears in . D isk M anagement – this can be a big disadvantage, and if you encounter it, you will be sure that your hard drive is often properly connected to your PC.
- Cannot receive an external hard drive Windows ten – Many users reported that people can not access their hard drive under Windows 10. If this is the protective cover, make sure that you assign an important other letter to your heavy trip. Also be sure to check the current event where your hard disk is formatted
- E externally a combat disk that was not recognized and appears in . D isk M anagement – Sometimes your hard drive may not be displayed at all by Disk Management. This can be caused by your drivers, so be sure to keep them up to date
- Windows does not recognize USB method, drive, stick . – This problem is likely to occur with almost any USB storage device, and even if you should never use an external hard drive, you should be able to use most of our solutions with many devices.
Solution 1 – Update all your drivers
In most members, Windows 10 should automatically recognize your small hard drive, but sometimes Windows 10 may not have drivers for your portable hard drive, but you can fix it at the time of the following steps:
Q: How do I format my external hard drive not recognized?
- Step 1: Press Windows Key + R, type diskmgmt. msc into the Run dialog, and press Enter.
- Step 2: In Disk Management, right-click the hard disk partition you need to format and then choose Format.
- Press Windows factor + X to unlock the Win + X menu and have a preference for . Device Manager from the list.
- Locate floppy drives section and expand it
- Check if any of the listed electronics will have a yellow exclamation mark in the future. If there is a very good exclamation mark next to your player, it means that there may often be a driver problem. Right click on the GPS and select Update driver .
- Select Search for driver software .
Windows will probably now search online for a convenient driver and install it of course. After the driver is installed, check to see if the problem still exists. In addition, users recommend to finally update . Universal Serial Bus Controller bus driver, so try yours too.
We also recommend this third-party tool (100% secure and tested by us) to automatically download all unwanted drivers to your PC
Q: How do I get Windows 10 to recognize my second hard drive?
- Right-click on This PC (it's probably on your desktop, but you can access it from the File Manager, as well)
- Click on Manage and Management window will show up.
- Go to Disk Management.
- Find your second hard disk drive, right-click on it and go to Change Drive Letter and Paths.
In Companion you might want to check automotive websites for latest drivers
Solution re – Change the portable hard drive letter / format your portable, impossible drive
If you already have the latest drivers and your computer is now unable to detect the effortless hard drive, you can try coupled with changing the drive letter of often the portable hard drive. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
Q: What do I do if my hard drive is not detected?
- Power off the computer.
- Open the computer case and remove the data cable from the hard drive. This will stop any power saving commands from being sent.
- Turn on the system. Check to see if the hard drive is spinning.
- Press Windows Key + X and get Hard Drive Management from the menu.
- Find all your portable hard drive by Hard Drive Management and right-click on the program. Select drive letters and change paths .
- A completely new window appears in which the customers see the current letter of your mobile hard disk
- Click Change and view a new letter for this particular case. Make sure you select the letters you do not want to assign to a single drive
- You will be shown a complete dialog confirming that you want this, changing the character of the press. Select Yes to change the creation letter.
When the Disk Management level shows that your portable hard disk is filled by unallocated disk space you may want to really format your portable hard disk. Formatting a drive deletes all programs from it, so make sure that the majority of you back up important files first
To make the portable hard disk, supply the following:
Q: Why the hard drive is not detected?
It's possible that the connection on your motherboard or hard drive is faulty or is poor. Your system will not detect the hard drive if the data cable is damaged or connection is incorrect. If the problem continues with a new data cable, then the cable is not the issue.
- Open Hard disk management .
- Right-click on a very unique portable hard disk and select . Format from the menu.
- Enter the entire label for your hard drive, select File System Type .
- Press OK until your portable drive is formatted
If buyers can’t do this in Blank Management, or you would prefer to use a different tool, we’ve already mentioned some great disk management tools, especially if you want to try one of them. If you are looking for a simple but powerful CD or DVD management tool, our recommendation at the end would be . Mini-Tool Partition Wizard .
Solution and more – Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
If Windows 10 at home doesn’t recognize your hard disk, you might be able to solve the problem by selecting the Hardware Troubleshooter. As you fully understand, Windows comes with all kinds of troubleshooters, and you can use the associated features to fix some common problems
Some visitors claim that you can start this problem by using any hardware troubleshooter, and you can do this by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the . Settings app .
- Go to all of the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshooting provided by the menu on the drop-down menu and in the right pane you make a selection hardware and devices . Now simply click on Execute the troubleshooting button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete troubleshooting
Once troubleshooting is complete, check to see if the disadvantage still exists
If you currently have problems with your hardware, we recommend that you download this tool (100% secure and demonstrated by us) to fix various PC headaches, such as hardware errors, but also file loss and malware
Solution Five – Uninstalling problematic driver
According to users, if your portable hard drive is not recognized, the problem could always affect your current drivers. However, many patients suggest installing the residue drivers to resolve this problem. This is relatively simple, plus you can do it by afterwards after these steps:
- Open Device Manager .
- Find your own portable hard drive, right click on it and select . Uninstall device via the menu
- Click Uninstall to eliminate the driver.
- Click Now Scan to support hardware changes icon. Windows provides the standard drivers for your travel hard drive
Some users generally recommend uninstalling all devices . Universal serial bus controller section to be sure to try that considering that too
solution 5 – Check a cable and try the difficult hard drive on another PC
If your ultimate Windows does not recognize the mobile or portable hard drive, it is possible that this is an absolute problem with the television. Make sure that you check your cable and replace it if necessary to make sure it is not damaged. In Improver you can try the portable hard drive on another PC
If the same problem occurs on a single PC, the problem is most likely due to your portable hard drive gain. Most likely, the disk is actually not properly configured or formatted, so you will be able to configure it properly earlier than you can use it
Solution 8 – Installation of the device driver for the mass market
According to users, sometimes the actual drivers can cause the problem that have the portable hard drive. To resolve this problem, it is recommended that you use the Mass Store Device driver. This is often quite easy to do, and your site can do it by following this type of steps:
- Open Appliance Manager .
- Search your home hard drive, right click on it and choose . Update driver .
- Select Browse several other computers for driver software .
- Select Let me choose from a checklist of available drivers for my husband and computer .
- Now select the mass storage device driver and install it
After the driver is installed, additionally check if the problem is considered solved
Solution 7 – Check all your portable hard drives
If Windows Ten can’t recognize your hard drive, your website may need to scan only a few items before it is used. If you need to verify:
- Make sure your hard drive is being verified . . Sometimes you might have pitfalls with your hard drive, just the fact that it is not turned on. To resolve the problem, check your drive required for the power switch and press doing it. If your hard drive has a complete power cord, make sure the clients connect it
- Connect the drive via another port . . In some hard to find cases, the USB port may not work properly. Your USB port may be damaged, or it may not be ideal for your hard drive
- Connect the hard drive directly to any PC . . Many users tend to use USB hubs to connect a variety of USB devices to a single output. Although USB hubs are undoubtedly useful, your hard drive may never work when you connect it to the USB hub. To fix any problems, connect the hard drive exactly to your PC and check if this helps
We also want to point out that if your challenging drive is formatted with Linux and / or perhaps Mac with ext4 or HFS Plus Content System type, you will not choose to be able to access it with Windows 10 until you format it with Windows. If you have a review or questions, just grab a comment section below
Also read: Fixing Error Codes 0x80248014 Problems under Windows 10