Rstrui.exe is a Windows 10 file that is responsible for System Restore and is located in a subfolder of C:WindowsSystem32. In other words, the rstrui.exe file is almost certainly an essential part of Windows ten, so users can reset the state of their PC to an earlier point in time. This function creates the operating system to fix device errors or other problems
When most people restore system files, applications, usually the Windows registry and other system settings, this system can perform these actions thanks to the rstrui.exe file. Unfortunately, the file often doesn’t work properly to get paid for a number of bugs
Q: What is Rstrui EXE file?
rstrui.exe – legitimate file that belongs to Windows OS. rstrui.exe is an executable that is a part of Windows operating system. The file is responsible for System Restore feature which allows reverting computer's state to the specific point in time.
Rstrui.exe Problems how to fix them
Rstrui.exe would be closely related to the full-body recovery feature, and if you have problems with rstrui.exe, you will not be able to perform System Restore additionally. This can be a big problem, but also when talking about problems, here are a number of them common problems reported by users:
- Rstrui.exe no recovery points – This challenge may occur due to your current settings. To resolve the problem, be sure to check the System Restore Control Panel and make sure the feature is enabled
- Rstrui.exe does not work, probably will not run, not detected – Sometimes the file for corruption can cause this problem for you. To fix the problem, you should perform both SFC and DISM scans
- Rstrui.exe problems Windows 7, 8.1, 10 – this excellent problem can occur on any specific version of Windows, and even if you are not using Windows 10, customers should be able to apply a number of our solutions to their own PC.
- Rstrui.exe Application Error – In some rare cases this problem can be considered due to a malware infection, so while you want to make sure that your good PC is safe and free of malware, you need to make sure that you perform a meaningful detailed scan
- Rstrui.exe is missing – This disorder can sometimes be caused by certain errors on your podium. However, you should be able to fix the problem by installing the recently available updates
- Rstrui.exe entry point absolutely not found – In some cases, this item may occur due to problems in your registry. Just clean your registry and check if a person’s problem is solved
- Rstrui.exe access denied – Your carrier account may sometimes cause this problem. To usually fix the problem, create a new user deposit and see if this helps.
Quick fix for various PC problems
- Step 1 : Download specific PC Scan & Restore Tool
- Step 2 : Click Start Scan to find Windows problems that could cause more . .exe Error in Windows 10
- Step 3 : Click Start Repair to attach all problems
Custom Solution – Use System File Checker gizmo to repair missing or damaged computer files
If you have problems with rstrui.exe on your PC, the problem may be caused by corrupted setup files. This can be an extensive problem, but you can easily start it by running an SFC look. To do this, all you have to do is:
Q: Why does my computer have no restore points?
If you have no restore points on your Windows Vista or 7 computer, then Windows may not be creating the restore points automatically. There are a number of different problems that can cause this. One cause is a lack of sufficient free space on your hard drive to save the System Restore files.
- Press Windows Key + X to the Win + X accessible menu. Now select Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) directly from the menu.
- When the prompt starts, type sfc /scannow and Mass Media Enter .
- The SFC scan will now start. Remember that this can take a look at about 10 minutes that is said not to interrupt it.
Once a particular scan is complete, check to see if this problem still exists. If all problems still exist, or if you cannot execute the SFC scan that is available at all, you must use the DISM scan instead. To do this, learn these steps:
- Start Command Prompt considering that an administrator.
- Now enter your current following command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The scan may take 10-20 minutes in terms of time, so do not influence it.
Once the DISM scan is complete, the problem should be resolved. If the problem is still there or you could not start the SFC scan before, try running another one and see if the problem is covered
Q: How do I use Rstrui EXE?
- Restart your computer.
- Press the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Safe mode with a Command Prompt.
- Type: %systemroot%\\system32\\restore\\rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the System Restore wizard steps to complete a restore process.
Solution 4 – Scan your computer for malware .
Sometimes problems with rstrui.exe can generally occur due to malware infections, and to resolve the problem, you may need to scan your PC for malware. Windows 10 already has a proper built-in antivirus program called Windows Defender, but sometimes you need to use a different program to deal with malware
Although Windows Defender provides solid protection, it doesn’t have certain advanced features. If you want an antivirus program that provides maximum security, we strongly recommend that you consider the following Bitdefender .
Q: How do I run System Restore from command prompt?
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
- Follow the wizard instructions to continue with System Restore.
Once you scan your system and remove all spyware, check that the problem is always present
Solution 3 – Repair the entire Windows Registry
In some subdivisions, the problem may occur due to positive problems with your registration. A corrupted registry entry can cause problems in addition to rstrui.exe, and to fix the criticism you need to find and fix the problematic entries
Q: How do I System Restore from boot menu?
- Restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key to boot into the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Repair your computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select your keyboard language.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrator.
- At the System Recovery Options screen, click on System Restore.
Doing this hand can be a big problem, for this reason it is better to use a Windows registry cleaner software. We have already covered the best registry cleaners for Windows ten, but if we need to suggest a tool to use, our luck would be Advanced System Maintenance
After you have cleaned your registry, the problem is really completely solved and everything will probably work again
Solution Five – Update your computer driver
In cases the problem with rstrui.exe may be caused by your circle. Your operating system may suffer beyond certain glitches, which can cause problems. Microsoft fixes problems with Windows updates daily, very if you have any problems, at the end be sure that you can download the useful updates
Windows 10 automatically downloads the missing images in the background, but customers can always check for updates and websites by doing the following:
- Open the current settings app . You can take care of it right now by pressing . Windows Key + I .
- Now navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Click Check for Updates button.
If they are known to be available, they are automatically retrieved and installed in the background when your PC is restarted. Once your PC is up to date, check if the problem still exists
In addition to replacing your system, it is recommended that you also improve your drivers. You will probably do this manually, but this will definitely be a tedious task, but the person can also use a specialized software application that downloads the missing software for you
If you want to update virtually all your drivers quickly, we recommend that you download this driver update software, which will automatically run the product. It will download all slow drivers to your system and may be able to ensure that you always get the latest driver type without any effort far from your side
Solution Fifth – Clean install Windows 10
If I doubt one of the above solutions has helped you, you may need to perform a brand new, clean installation of Windows. Reinstalling Windows deletes everything from your drive and removes all collected junk files
To avoid data loss, don’t forget to back up all your important documents until you perform the reinstallation
For much more information about the steps you should learn in the process, read my article about cleaning Windows 10
Solution 6 – Create a huge new user account
If you had problems with rstrui.exe, the difference could be your user card. Your account can be damaged, and this can lead to this and so many other errors. To fix the irritation, it would be easiest to create a new user account. This is quite easy to do, and as well you can do it by just following these steps:
- Currently open the app settings and go to some of the accounts section.
- In the left area, certain family & other people . Now choose Add someone else to your PC .
- Select I have no credentials from this man or woman . .
- Select Add a specific person without a Microsoft account .
- Enter the user name you want to use, and simply Next .
After you create a new personal account, switch to it and check if the problem still exists. If not, you may have to transfer all your personal files including the old account to your contemporary account and start using a person’s options for your old account
Solution 7 – Try using the acceptable mode
According to users, sometimes you can also solve the problems with rstrui.exe simply with the safe mode. Users said that the System Restore feature showed no results for them, but they were prepared to use it from the risk-free mode
If you are not detected, Safe Mode is a segment with Windows 10 running with default racers and settings, making it the best choice for troubleshooting. To access the risk-free mode, you usually need to do the following:
- Open the app settings and go to as well. System & Security Section
- Go to Restore Tab and during the Advanced Startup Area Pick and Select Restart Now .
- The list of options is displayed today. Select Troubleshooting > Advanced Systems > Startup Settings . Now click here Restart button.
- Once your PC is restarted, you will receive a full price of options. Select any version from the safe mode by pressing the harmonization key
Once you join Safe Mode, try performing the strategy recovery again and check if the irritation is resolved
If you have found additional workarounds to fix bugs in rstrui.exe, community owners can help by finding your solution in the following comment set: