Although fewer mobile computer devices these days contain optical DVD drives, there are still many that are running. If the DVD drive alternative of your laptop does not eject the disc, there are actually a number of possible problems. Here are some suggestions that will boost the repair of your laptop’s DVD drive by removing the disc
But first, here are really some more examples of the whole problem:
Q: How do I force eject a CD?
- Restart your computer, and hold down the mouse button. If you have a 2 button mouse, hold down the left click.
- If your computer has an eject key on the keyboard, restart the computer again, this time holding the eject key.
- Open a Terminal window and type in drutil tray eject.
- CD drive doesn’t open on a laptop .
- DVD eject button does not work
- Acer laptop DVD drive not open
- CD drive does not open Windows 10
- Acer CD drive not open
Table of contents:
- Eject drive under Windows
- Close software under Windows
- Troubleshoot hardware and devices
- Update most of the CD/DVD drive drivers .
- Reinstall our CD/DVD drive driver
- Power Ejection
solution a person-related – ejecting the drive in Windows
Q: Why my CD drive is not opening?
If the door still does not open, insert the end of a straightened paper clip into the manual eject hole on the front of the drive. Close all programs and shut down the computer. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Look for the small hole on the faceplate of the disc drive.
- First, you can still open a useful DVD drive under Windows. To begin, click the File Explorer in the software on the Windows 10 taskbar (or access the Windows Explorer in earlier platforms).
- Click This PC on the left side relative to the File Explorer window last the snapshot below
- Right-click your own DVD drive that is listed there and select .
solution multiple – Software close under Windows
If the Eject option did not open a particular drive, there could be some regimes that keep it closed when a DVD is already inserted. Even if the exact taskbar does not contain any open model windows, you may still need to close some background software for the following reasons:
- Turn off all applications currently using the drive.
- Hold Windows + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Click the DVD drive icon and click the "Eject" button on the toolbar or right-click on the optical drive and choose Eject from the menu that pops up or down.
- Right-click software icons on the taskbar and select an intimate or exit option from the context menus of these programs
- You can right-click on our own taskbar and select . Task Manager that can open the window shown in most of the recordings below
- Now right-click on programs found under Background Processes and select . End task where you can close it.
- When you have purchased as much software as possible, press the DVD eject button again
Solution 3 – Run the actual hardware and device troubleshooter .
If Windows 10 Creators Udate (2017) is possibly running, and chances are good that you will do so, there is certainly a useful troubleshooting tool to fix various problems. Including hardware-related crises. So if none of the previous products and solutions solve the problem, we try our hardware problem handler. Here’s how:
Q: How do I open the CD drive on my HP desktop?
Click the Start button and select "Computer" from the menu to open Windows Explorer. Right-click the DVD drive in the left pane. If your HP laptop has a DVD drive, it is listed in the Computer section. Select "Eject" from the context menu to open the DVD drive on the HP laptop.
- Go to help you with the settings.
- Go to Updates & Security > Troubleshooting .
- Scroll down and click Hardware & Devices.
- Go to Perform all bug fixes.
- Wait until the process is complete
- Reboot your computer
Solution think about it – Update the CD/DVD drive driver
The driver of the DVD drive may have something to do with it working with the eject button that doesn’t work. Updating a driver might repair the DVD drive. This will be especially the case after the operating system platform has recently been updated, which can lead to incompatibilities between mechanical drivers
Do the following steps:
- In Windows, search for and open File Explorer.
- In the Computer window, select the icon for the disc drive that is stuck, right-click the icon, and then click Eject.
- Wait approximately 3 seconds, and then try closing the drive tray by pressing in on the front of the tray.
- Open Cortana and enter “Device Manager”
- Select Device Manager to respond to the window shown in the photo directly below
- Click CD/DVD-ROM drives in the Device Manager window.
- Then right-click your recorded DVD drive and select . Update driver software .
- Select automatic search for updated taxi driver software on the eye port of the update driver software. Windows will then find the most recently shared device drivers for the DVD or Blu-ray drive
in the search box.
Automatically update driver
It is often very important to select the direct driver versions from the manufacturer’s World Wide Web. But since it can be difficult to find the right drivers for your DVD drive, software designed to automatically find drivers can be helpful.
Tweakbit’s Driver Updater (only approved by Microsoft and Norton Antivirus) allows you to automatically update drivers and prevent PC damage caused by the installation of typically incorrect driver versions . After several tests, our company’s team came to the conclusion that this is currently your best automated solution
. Here is a helpful guide on how to deal with it:
- Download and install TweakBit Driver Updater
- After installation the respective program starts automatically, Search your personal PC for outdated drivers. prompt Updater checks your installed driver variants against its cloud database to see what the latest versions look like and recommends the correct version. All you have to do is wait until the scan is complete
- When the scan is complete, you will receive a report of all problem drivers present on your PC. Check the database and see if you want if you need to update each driver individually or many at a time. To update one club at a time, click on any “Update driver” link next to the driver’s name. Or simply click on your current “Update All” button at the bottom to automatically install all recommended updates
Note: Some road users need to install over several steps, so you often need to click the “Update” button until all their devices are installed .
Solution – Reinstall the CD/DVD Send Driver .
If you don’t need to update the CD/DVD drive driver in the kitchen, you can reinstall it instead. You can do this by right-clicking on your DVD to edit the Windows Device Manager timeframe and select . Uninstall > OK . When you restart Windows, the device driver is automatically reinstalled
Solution six simple – force ejection
Some laptops have a Force Eject Pinhole on their DVD drives. If you can believe a small pinhole on your favorite DVD drive, this is probably the button to remove forces. Don’t confuse it with a larger headphone jack that might be next to your own DVD. If you have found a problem with ejecting violence, you can open the DVD as follows:
- Close Windows to turn off your laptop
- Now distribute a paper clip so that the concept expands by one to only two inches
- Next, you should insert part of the paperclip directly into the pinhole on the DVD drive
- Gently push each paperclip into the pin hole until the DVD Boost tray pops out
- Now you can fully pull out the drive bay and remove your CD or DVD
So these are strategies you can use to repair a DVD hard drive that is not ejected. If the eject button on the exact DVD drive is often insufficient, you should replace it with an external USB Blu-ray drive for laptops