Cortana has one of the most coveted and useful features for Windows 10, allowing you to explore the Internet and your local data and folders. But the practical benefits of Cortana come to the fore in the voice analysis commands. You can speak for Cortana and give him orders with the best voice, and it will use “everything” you asked for
One of the most powerful voice commands for Cortana is without question “Hey Cortana,” which allows you to “attract Cortana’s attention” just by implying Hey Cortana, so you don’t have to type a key to give Cortana a recommended command. But some people all over the Internet have complained that they will not be able to activate Cortana with the command, or they are even not able to turn it on.
Hey Cortana really works under Windows 10
Cortana can be a highlight of Windows 10, unfortunately many users have reported problems with the Hey Cortana feature on their computer. Apropos Cortana problems, here are many similar problems reported by users:
Q: What to do when Cortana is not working?
Open Control Panel > All Control Panel Items and click on Find and fix problems with Windows Search to open the Windows Search Troubleshooter. Run it and follow the wizard. The problem might be associated with your Microsoft credentials. Try creating a new username and password and see if you can fix the Cortana.
- Cortana does not work after the update – according to the user this problem can surely occur after an update. To fix the problem, roll back the Replace or wait until Microsoft fixes its problem with a new patch
- Hey Cortana Do Not Turn On – If this situation feature does not work, you may need to optimize Cortana to recognize your voice. This is very important to do, and you can reach it directly from the situation app.
- Cortana Search does not work – This may be a big problem, in addition we already showed you how to fix Windows Search in one associated with our previous articles, so be without doubt to check it for whole lot information.
- Cortana doesn’t listen – sometimes Cortana doesn’t listen at all. If this is the case, be sure to check the best Cortana settings and set which Cortana responds to all
- Start menu on top says Cortana is not working – This could be a big problem, but in most cases you can fix it by simply installing the latest updates.
- Hey Cortana doesn’t get along, available – Sometimes Cortana is undoubtedly not always available. To fix the problem, start your own PC in Safe Mode and check if this helps
Custom Solution – Make sure that a majority of the Hey Cortana feature is enabled
The first product first, you have to specify that Hey Cortana runs. To ensure that this feature is allowed (and to enable it), proceed as follows:
- Go to Search .
- Open Notebook and Go to . Settings .
- Enable Hey Cortana Option.
If hi all Cortana options are enabled, you should be good to go
When your Start menu or Cortana functions are not working properly, you can try fixing the problem, using PowerShell. Simply follow the steps below: Launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard. Click File, then select Run New Task from the drop-down list.
solution with – Make sure that Corta na discovers how your voice
To have the Hey Cortana function, you need to be sure that Cortana can easily recognize your voice. To do this, you need to change a new pair of settings:
- Press Windows Key + I to open specific . Settings app .
- When Settings app opens, disappears after Cortana .
- Make sure what turn Hey Cortana function is enabled. Now touch Learn how I seriously say Cortana .
- Cortana will now open. Click on the very Start button and follow the manual on the screen
After running the wizard, Cortana should be designed to recognize your voice and make it work again
Q: How do you activate Cortana by voice?
Here's how to enable “Hey Cortana:” To get started, click on the Search bar, then click on the Settings icon and find the button to enable Hey Cortana. To enable Cortana above the lock, go to settings and enable “Use Cortana Even When My Device is Locked”.
solution of a number of – Set Cortana so that you can send an email to everyone
Sometimes there may be a malfunction that prevents some kind of Hey Cortana function from working properly. According to users, you can easily fix the problem here by making a single change to Cortana’s settings. To achieve this, simply follow these steps:
- Open the App > Cortana settings .
- In Hey Cortana section make sure that Respond when someone says Hey Cortana is selected.
Few followers reported that the Hey Cortana function worked properly when Cortana was set up to respond only to their verbal statements, but after making this change, the whole problem was completely solved
Q: How do I fix Cortana on Windows 10?
To do that, right-click the taskbar and then click “Task Manager.” Once the task manager has been opened, find the Cortana process under the Processes tab, and click on the “End task” button. The above action will restart the Cortana process, and you might as well solve the start menu search problem.
Different Solution – Restart your PC
After helping you user, this problem can only be caused by a temporary malfunction, and therefore the easiest way to deal with it while you have it is to restart your PC. Once your PC reboots, the issue should be resolved and you should be able to use Cortana again afterwards.
If you don’t want to restart your computer, you can try logging out and then logging in to your account and checking to see if the problem is fixed
Easy Solution – Keep your system up to date
According to users, you may experience problems with the Hey Cortana feature due to your device. If your system is out of date, it is possible that there are secure software bugs that can occur in conjunction with Cortana and prevent it from being used properly
Q: Can Cortana turn on my Xbox?
With Cortana, you can use a headset with mic for voice control, in addition to the Kinect sensor. If you're using a headset, you can still turn your Xbox off with your voice, but not on. To turn off your Xbox with your voice, say "Hey Cortana, Xbox off."
However, you should be able to fix most of these problems simply by installing the most innovative Windows updates. By default, Windows 10 downloads the missing updates in training, but sometimes you miss one or two helpful updates due to various errors. However, you can manually check for updates by generally doing the following:
- Open the app settings and also go to . Update & Security section.
- Click Now Check for Updates Change. If new updates are available, they will be downloaded and installed in this background as soon as your system reboots
Once a system is updated, check to see if this problem is fixed with Cortana
Solution 6 – Make changes only in Realtek HD Audio Manager
If you have problems with the btw Cortana function, the problem could be in the audio settings. According to users, this one problem may occur when you use Realtek HD Audio, and to resolve this problem, you must do the following:
- Open Control Panel and thus open Realtek HD Sound Carrier Manager .
- When the Realtek HD Audio Manager is unpacked, go to . Advanced Device Settings . Now sit down Disconnect all input jacks, as independent input devices .
After you’ve finished, all you have to do is set up your microphone as your default consultation device. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Right click on an speaker icon at the bottom right, select Open Sound Settings .
- Typically, find the Input and set your microphone stand as your default audio device
After you’ve done this, make sure you run the wizard in which area and raise Cortana for your vote. After that is done, the problem with the Cortana function should be fixed
Solution five – Restarting Cortana
If using Hey Cortana on your personal PC does not work, you may be able to solve the problem by simply turning it off and on again. This is a pretty simple solution, unfortunately many users reported that this tool worked for them, so see for yourself to try it out
Solution 8 – Change microphone level
If you have problems with the Cortana Hi feature, your microphone may not be better configured. To complete the task, you must manually adjust the Microphone Collegiate Diplomas. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Open Sound settings We can show you how to use this in one of our survival solutions, so be sure to check it out.
- In the Input click on the Device Properties .
- When Microphone Properties window opens, go towards Levels section. Adjust microphone and microphone gain slider. Click as soon as possible Apply and additionally OK.
After setting the microphone levels, your family microphone will be more sensitive, which can cause noise, and the problem as well as Cortana will be solved
Solution 9 – Disable Proxy
Many users have a tendency to use proxy to protect their privacy online, but in some cases your proxy may invade Cortana and cause problems when using the Hey Cortana feature.
To resolve this issue, it is recommended that you disable the proxy settings. You can do this by following these steps:
- Open app and go to Network & Internet .
- Select in our own left pane . Proxy from the menu. Deactivate all options
in the right column.
Once the entire proxy is disabled, the problem must be resolved. If you are almost concerned about your privacy on the Internet, we recommend switching to a VPN. There have always been many great VPN clients on the specific market, but if you are looking for a good VPN client, we offer you to try it . Cyberghost VPN .
Solution 10 – Deleting data from Cortana
Sometimes the data from Cortana can prove corrupted, and this can cause problems with Hey Cortana that you have. However, you can fix this problem by always removing the corrupted data. This ability to do manually can be a tedious treatment, so it is always better to take advantage of cleaner software like . CCleaner .
Just start CCleaner and go what will . Applications > Windows Store > Cortana . Right click on the Clean button to remove these files. Once you have wrapped these files with CCleaner, the problem should be solved and you can use Cortana without any problems
Choosing the right settings with Virtual Assistant should solve your own problems with Cortana by not recognizing your family voice. But if you still have any problems with Cortana, just after you’ve done everything right, find out in the comments, and most of us will try to help you.