You may be happy to use older Skype copies in your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 10 jogging systems for a variety of reasons. The topicality of the matter is that Microsoft does not provide support for adult user versions of this application. But don’t worry and continue reading this plan to learn how to use early versions of Skype even on Windows 8, Windows 10. or Window Shades 7
Normally, Windows will allow you to install any version of Skype older than Skype 6.13. It will be able to mainly prevent you from logging in just because you would normally do it. But users may not like the new versions of Skype at all, because they shouldn’t allow you to block messages in the application. Also the newer devices of Skype occupy an enormous part of your Windows 8, Windows 10 memory and slow down so this computer
Q: How do I install an older version of Skype on Windows 10?
Download Skype Classic on Windows 10. If you want to install Skype Classic on Windows 10, go to Skype's download page and select the option get Skype for Windows. The launch the downloaded .exe file to complete the install process.
This is how the old Skype design works on Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Make a backup copy of the old Skype.exe file
- You may need to make a burning copy of the executable you and your family have for the older version of Skype
. Note: You can copy the file backup to your USB stick or a very simple hard disk
- Go to all Windows stores and install the latest version of Skype that you have because of the operating systems Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Log in to Skype as you do most often, but make sure you check the box next to the auto-login
- Now close our own Skype app
- Go to these C:/ partitions in Windows and simply double-click (left-click) on the Lessons Files folder you have there
- Now, while you are in the Program Files folder, you can have the Skype App folder
- In a specific Skype folder, you need to replace the executable file in the one you had from your older version of Skype that you want to use
- Double-click (left-click) if the executable file, after we have replaced it….
- After jogging the executable file, you can run the older version linked to Skype because you have already saved your preferred user account information with the latest version
- JOINT: 4 most effective VPN software for Skype for free download in 2018
2. Use the config.xml file from Skype
- Install Skype at any of our Windows stores
- Once the design and installation are complete, you will need to log in again with your account and password
. Note: Select more the checkbox next to Auto put your signature to in when starting Skype
- Close the very Skype version after you ok’d in.
- Open the Skype app again
- Continue to press the Windows button and additionally the R.
- Write in the current Run window where you have opened the unique line . %APPDATA%Skype
- Go to your end user account folder, open it and discover the config.xml folder with your profile information
- Now run the older version of Skype by following the executable file
- You may see that it authenticates itself automatically
. Note: You are requested to update the Skype instance, but you can skip this message and continue the personal work
twice (left mouse click).
Speaking of worn out Skype versions, you can download and install the classic Skype for Windows Desktop directly from the Microsoft website
where you’ll find instructions on how to continue making your old version of Skype. Use the comments section below to let our organization know if these methods worked for you or not
Q: How do I uninstall the latest Skype update?
Type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog and click OK. Find Skype in the list, right-click it and select Remove or Uninstall. (If you can't find Skype in your installed programs, follow the directions here). Download and install the latest version of Skype.
UPDATE : It seems that old Skype versions are getting ten more complicated under Windows. Microsoft has already begun to shorten the time to upgrade to the new Skype model. Many users also complain near the constant reminders that there is a certain new Skype version in the city, in addition to their fear that the Titan of Redmond will force them to perform an upgrade that has a point:
Every time I penetrate as quickly as possible into the old Skype, I get the screen asking my family if I want to perform an update, and I also get it when I execute it. This didn’t happen often for some time after I reinstalled a new old version. I think MSN will literally force us to upgrade sometime soon. I get irritated that; they don’t seem to be able to help make the new version work and consequently don’t care.
So what good are you in this situation? Are you planning to install the new Skype product in the future
Q: How do I downgrade Skype on Windows?
- 3, Run Skype and navigate to the Tools Menu and select “Options”.
- 4, All of the Skype options will appear on your screen.
- 5, Under Advanced, select “Automatic updates” then, go to the right side and click on the button “Turn off automatic updates”.